You've followed the steps in our previous article and now you're wanting to go live with tracking leave in Assignar, this article explains how to make it come together.
The worker submits the "Leave Request Form" through the fieldworker app, including:
- What type of leave they are requesting
- The dates required off
- Any photos of documentation required i.e. doctors certificates
Step 2 - Email notification of form result is received
Once the form has been submitted, it will trigger an email notification to the person who's email is assigned to notification addresses in the form. This function works as a prompt for the user to go into Assignar and review the form result.
Step 3 - Manager reviews the leave request and approves or declines it by:
- Go to Forms > Form Results
- Find form result by using the search filters and click edit
- Review the leave request and either approve or decline the leave request
- Change the form status to approved or declined.
- Click Save
Step 4 - Notify worker of leave request outcome
Once you've approved or declined the leave, you need to notify the worker. The best way to do this is to send an SMS.
- Go to SMS > Compose
- Type in the Fieldworkers name
- Select an SMS Template, or type the message
- Click send
NB: Workers will also be able to view the change of form result status via the FieldWorker app under their form results.
Step 5 - Enter approved leave dates in the workers "Availability" tab
Once leave has been approved and the worker has been notified, it's time to add these dates to your workers profile so they show up as unavailable during that date period.
- Go to Users > Fieldworkers > Select User > Availability
- Click on "Add leave dates"
- Select date range and type of leave
- Click add
These dates are then reflected in the Scheduler and also within an order - click here for more details