Invoices are a great way to speed up your accounts receivable process and here we explain a little further what are invoices. This article explains how you can set up your invoice module to start invoicing out of Assignar.
Step 1) Account Codes & Taxes
You need to set up your account codes (typically these are from your accounting software) and the tax you want to charge.
NB. There is no restrictions on how many account codes you can have listed in your dashboard.
Adding Account Codes
- Go to Invoices > Account Codes
- Click Add New
- Enter your account code and a label (see image below) and click save.
4. Repeat this step by adding all your account codes.
- Go to Invoices > Taxes
- Click Add New Tax
- A pop-up will appear to enter the name of the tax and the percentage (see image below) and click save.
4. If you want the tax to always be added to your invoice then make sure you set it to default, by clicking the 3 dots and selecting the make default button.
Step 2) Setting up your Invoice Template
- Go to Invoices > Settings
- Enter your business details and click save.
3. Enter your footer text - this can be your payment details and terms
4. Define your options of the following:
- Invoice $ - select which currency you want to invoice in.
- Invoice Logo - upload your company logo to appear at the top of your invoice
- Invoice # prefix - add in your account system prefix to the invoice
- Invoices are exclusive of tax - select yes or no
Your invoice template will now be set up
Step 3) Set up Invoice Tags
Add tags to invoices so you can keep track on what has been paid or is awaiting payment.
- Go to Invoices > Invoice tags
- Click Add New, add name and select a colour
- Click save