Similar to clients, projects and fieldworkers, the supplier module also has a journal tab where you can record any notes or attachments that are separate to the supplier documents.
Here you have the option of a free text box and/or you can upload an attachment. These could be things such as schedule of rates or perhaps you would simply like to make note of any interactions with them.
To add a supplier journal entry:
- Click Suppliers > Suppliers > Supplier Name to view and/or update details for an existing supplier
- Click on the journal tab
- To add a new journal entry, click the +ADD NEW JOURNAL ENTRY bar to create a new journal entry
- Type the journal entry in the text box (up to 1000 characters)
- Click the Choose File button to browse for a file to attach to this journal entry (optional)
- Click the + Add comment button to save the new journal entry
To edit and manage supplier journal entries follow the first two steps above then
- Search for the journal entry you wish to edit using the search bar above the list of entries
- Once the applicable entry has been found, select either the comment or the attachment in order to trigger the edit
- Edit the comments or upload a new file
- Select 'save' or 'cancel' from the actions column located on the far right
To remove the journal entry follow the first two steps above then
- Search for the journal entry you wish to remove using the search bar above the list of entries
- Once the applicable entry has been found, click the red x found in the actions column located on the far right
- A pop up message will appear asking you to confirm you would like to permanently delete this column.
- Select OK