Getting your Assets in Assignar is a key step to being able to everyday track where all your assets are at. Below are steps how to add individual Assets, if you want to add a batch, then we suggest you use out import function.
- Click Assets & Tasks > Assets > Add new Asset to create a brand new asset.
- Enter an asset name. This will appear in the drop-down list of assets in screens for adding and updating tasks.
- Enter a description (optional). This description displays next to the asset name in order allocations and task details screens.
- Enter the rego number, year, make, model and/or serial number (optional).
- Enter the average hourly charge rate for this asset (optional). This is the rate used to calculate the approximate asset revenue in relevant graphs under the Charts tab.
- Enter the current number reading (e.g. odometer) for this asset (optional). This can be updated based on form results for this asset, and used to trigger alerts for documents with number-based expiries.
- Enter an external ID for this asset (optional). This is usually used for importing data from external systems. If you’re not sure what this is, just leave it blank.
- Click Save
- Click in Workers, here you can add your favourite workers who always operate that asset.
- Click in Skills to select one or more skills that are required to operate this asset, by selecting from the drop-down list.
- Click on Asset attachments to select one or more asset attachments that are available to be used with this asset when allocated to an order.
- Click on Tags to select one or more asset tags (optional) from the drop-down list. Asset tags can be useful later when you’re searching or filtering for similar assets.
- Click on Suppliers to select one or more suppliers (optional) from the drop-down list.