Besides using the SMS module to communicate with users, you can also send them an SMS directly from their profile, here is how:
When viewing or editing a fieldworker’s profile you can send them an SMS or view the history of SMS conversations with that fieldworker.
- Click Users > Fieldworkers > Edit to view and/or update details for an existing fieldworker.
- Click the context menu on the top right (see image below) to send an SMS to this fieldworker.
- Click the Send SMS button. You will see a pop-up box to enter the SMS details.
- The Fieldworker will already be added as a contact in the ‘To’ field.
- If you’re sending a common message that has a predefined template, click to select it from the ‘Choose Template’ drop-down list. You can make changes to the template text in the main message if you like.
- Click the View Conversation button to view the conversation between the worker and the office.
OR Type a message from scratch in the Message box. [fname] and [lname] variables will personalise your messages by substituting the fieldworker’s first name or last name when the message is sent. The message can be up to 320 characters long.
- Click Send to deliver the SMS to the fieldworker’s phone. Just like sending an SMS from your phone, once an SMS is sent it cannot be changed.
- Click the View Conversation button to view all inbox and outbox messages from and to this fieldworker..
- You can click back to the fieldworker's list using the navigation buttons across the top of the screen or just go to a different screen by clicking an option in the side menu.