An employment type describes the mode of employment for a worker, e.g. casual or permanent. You can also create variations to indicate the specific employment arrangement or availability. Each Dashboard user and fieldworker has a specified employment type and this can be used as part of a skills search.
Employment Type list
- Click Users > Employment Types to see your list of available employment types for Dashboard users and fieldworkers.
- Click the blue Edit button next to an employment type to see the details for that employment type.
Add a new Employment Type
- Click Users > Employment Types > Add new Employment type to create a brand new employment type.
- Enter an employment type name. This will appear on employment type drop-down lists in Dashboard user, fieldworker.
- Click on the colour block to select a colour to represent this employment type in other screens and reports, for example the Competency Matrix.
- Click Save when you’ve finished creating this new employment type. You will see a message to confirm that the employment type has been added. You can always come back and edit the employment type later.
Edit an Employment Type
- Click Users > Employment Types > Edit to view and/or update details for an existing employment type.
- Change the employment type name. This will appear on employment type dropdown lists in Dashboard user, fieldworker and order screens.
- Click on the colour block to change the colour that represents this employment type in other screens and reports, for example the Competency Matrix.
- Click Save when you’ve finished making changes. You will see a message to confirm that the employment type has been updated.
- You can click back to the employment type list using the navigation buttons across the top of the screen, or just go to a different screen by clicking an option in the side menu.
Delete an Employment Type
If you delete an employment type it will be removed from the employment type list permanently and it will also be removed from any Dashboard users or fieldworkers that use that employment type. Deleted employment types are no longer available to select in the dropdown list of employment types when adding or updating a Dashboard user or fieldworker.
- Click Users > Employment Types > Delete (red button next to an employment type in the employment type list).
- You will see a message saying “Are you sure you want to delete [employment type]?” Click OK (or cancel if you’re not sure).