The Competency Matrix is a full report giving you an overall view of all fieldworkers and the current or expired competencies/inductions they possess. It is generated as a formatted Excel workbook with separate worksheet tabs for the competency matrix and the induction matrix.
Generate & download Competency Matrix
- Click Reports > Competency Matrix.
- Click Generate Competency Matrix Report to extract data for all fieldworkers and their competencies and inductions. When the report is ready you will see a Download your report button.
- Click Download your report to download the Excel spreadsheet.
- Click the Excel file at the bottom of the screen to open the spreadsheet in Excel.
NB. This may appear slightly differently depending on your computer’s settings.
Competency Matrix in Excel
- Once downloaded, you will see two worksheet tabs, one for the competency matrix and one for the induction matrix.
- Each row represents a fieldworker and each column represents a competency/induction, depending which tab you are looking at.
- A green cell means that the competency/induction is current for that fieldworker. The cell will show the expiry date, or ‘OK’ if the competency/induction does not require an expiry date.
- A red cell means that the competency/induction is expired for that fieldworker. The cell will show the expiry date.
- All standard Excel functionality is available to view and analyse the data.
- Save the Excel spreadsheet.