The Client & Project Time report lists a summary of billable hours for all tasks from orders within a specified date range for a particular client and (optional) project. You can also use it to list billable hours for a selected task, either for a particular client or across all clients.
Run Client & Project Time report
- Click Reports > Client and Project Time to run a report of billable hours by client and project.
- The default date range is from one week ago to the current date. If this is not what you want to see, click to select a different start and/or end date using the dropdown calendar.
If you select a start date later than the end date, the end date is set to be the same as the start date. If you select an end date earlier than the start date, the start date is set to be the same as the end date.
- Click to select a task from the dropdown list. If you want to run the report for all tasks, select 'All Tasks'
- Click to select a client from the dropdown list. If you want to run the report for all of your clients, select ‘All Clients’.
- Click to select a project from the dropdown list. This will only be available if you have selected a specific client that has one or more projects specified.
- When you are ready to run the report based on your settings, click the Search button.
- If there are no billable hours for the date range or task/client/project/s selected, you will see a message saying “There are no results for the selected period.”
- Click ˅ or ˄ at the top of any column to sort the list alphabetically (or numerically, depending on the column) in ascending or descending order.
- Follow steps 2-6 to run the client and project time report again using different settings, or just go to a different screen by clicking an option in the side menu.
Export Client & Project Time report
- Click Export to extract the Client & Project Time report to an Excel spreadsheet. To open the excel spread sheet, click on the downloaded file found at the bottom of your screen.
All standard Excel functionality is available to view and analyze the data.
NB. This may appear slightly differently depending on your computer’s settings