The payroll weekly export allows you to extract daily data from fieldworker timesheets and export that data to a formatted Excel spreadsheet. You can then upload the data into other financial or payroll systems.
NB. If your Dashboard is set to lock timesheets after export in View/Edit Settings, timesheets can no longer be edited after they have been included in a payroll export (a padlock icon will appear next to the timesheet in the Timesheets list).
Export weekly timesheet data
- Click Payroll > Payroll Weekly Export.
- Click to select a week starting date from the dropdown calendar. All timesheets for the week commencing on this date will be exported.
- Click to select one or more users (fieldworkers) from the dropdown list (optional). If you don’t select any workers, the export will include timesheet data for all fieldworkers.
- Click Export to extract timesheet data to an Excel spreadsheet for the selected week and user/s (if applicable).
- Click the Excel file at the bottom of the screen to open the spreadsheet.
- NB. This may appear slightly differently depending on your computer’s settings.
Weekly timesheet data in Excel
- Exported timesheet data is formatted into an Excel workbook with a separate worksheet/tab for each fieldworker. Click on a fieldworker’s tab to see their timesheet data.
- Scroll to the right to see totals for each fieldworker.
- All standard Excel functionality is available to view and analyse the data.
- Save the spreadsheet and/or upload the data into a payroll system.
- Close the Excel spreadsheet when you’re done.
In the Dashboard Payroll > Payroll Weekly Export screen you can now run the payroll export again using different settings, or just go to a different screen by clicking an option in the side menu.