Step 1) Order Details
- Click Orders > Orders > Add New Order to create a brand new order.
- Select an order type from the drop-down list depending on whether this order is for assets only (dry hire) or workers as well (wet & labour hire). If you are unsure, as our support team.
- Select a client from the drop-down list. When you select a client, the project field will default to the first available option (if specified), but you can change the selection. OR Click on the + Add New button to open a popup box where you can add a new client, then select it from the drop-down list. The new client will be added to the Clients list.
- Select a project from the drop-down list (optional – available only if there are projects specified for the client). OR Click on the + Add New button to open a popup box where you can add a new project, then select it from the drop-down list. The new client will be added to the projects list.
- Enter a Location 1 (optional) if you want to be more specific about the client location for the order. If you have a location linked with the project, it will automatically populate this field for you.
- Enter a Location 2 (optional) if you want to be more specific about the client location for the order. If you have a location linked with the project, it will automatically populate this field for you.
- Use the drop-down calendar to select order start and end dates. NB. You are required to have a start and end date. You can extend the end date
- The order owner will default to the name of the user that is currently logged in, but you can select a different order owner from the drop-down list. Dashboard users have (admin) next to their name on the list.
- Select a different order status from the drop-down list. If you want to set a default order status you can do this through our Settings module. NB. Orders with a status of Pending will not appear in a worker‘s list of allocations in the Fieldworker app. It needs to be in a confirmed status.
- Enter a job description (optional).
- Select a Supplier (optional)
- Add a Work Order Number (optional)
- Add a Purchase Order Number (optional)
- Add Comments about the job, this where you add details like what gate to enter through, materials to take etc. You have up to 1000 characters in this section.
- Add Order Tags to tag the order, to understand tags more click here
- Click on + ADDITIONAL INFORMATION to add any files that you would like to share with the workers in the field. You can upload up to 5MB of files and title them. Make sure you click save.
Click Save - MAKE SURE YOU ALWAYS DO THIS STEP
Step 2) Order Tasks
Once you've entered your order details and clicked save, it's time to select your order tasks. If you're not sure what Tasks are you can read about it here
- Go to Order Tasks
- Click Add Tasks and pick one from your drop-down list
- Add your task time by click on the up and down arrows
- Select which dates you want to allocate the task for. It will automatically select all dates.
- Select which task forms need to be completed by selecting from the drop-down menu (optional)
- Add any chargeable items that you want to track against the task (optional). This will link through in the invoice.
- Click save
Step 3) Allocations
You've selected the tasks you want to allocate it's time to jump into allocations, this is where you will allocate your workers and assets.
- Click on the Allocations Tab
- Select the Task you want to allocate
- It will show you a list of assets and workers who are available to work
- Select the dates you want them to be allocated (sometimes you want to send different workers and assets on different days)
- Click on the asset (if you need to allocate an asset attachment as well, click on the Puzzle piece next to the asset name and choose the attachment(s) from the pop up box) and the worker that you want to allocate and click Allocate (if you need to allocate an asset atachment as well, click on the Puzzle piece next to the asset name and choose the attachment(s) from the pop up box)
- Click save
Note the following with Allocations:
- The red ! triangle means that the asset or worker are already allocated, if you click on the triangle it will show you where they are already allocated.
- The amber circle with a number in it next a worker or asset means that one of their competencies is out of date.
- Click on "View Requirements" if you are wondering why workers are not showing up to work, this is because they don't have the right compliance.
- Click on "Show all workers" to override all the compliance rules and allocate any fieldworker in the system.
Step 4) Notify
Once you've entered your order details, selected your tasks, allocated your workers and assets, it is time to notify your workers that they have an upcoming job to work on.
1. Make sure your order status is in Confirmed. In any other status, it won't show up in the Fieldworker App > Allocations for the worker. To change the status go back to Order details Tab and update the order status to confirmed and click save. You can check the order status on the top left
2. Click on the Notify tab
3. Here is where you send an SMS to all workers allocated or individually. If you send to all workers it will take the basic order information or you can choose an SMS template. The individual SMS will give the worker more information that is specifically to the task they are allocated to.
4. Click on the aqua speech bubble to view the individual worker conversation. You can read more about SMS here