You want to allocate your assets to a job and the way you do this in the Orders module is by selecting a Task. Think of a Task as an anchor and you need to link the asset to the task for it show up for jobs.
Assets & Tasks Module
This is where you manage your assets, the skills each asset requires and the tasks that each asset is used for. There are a few functions of the Assets & Tasks module and they include:
- Each asset may require one or many documents and skills to operate it.
- Each asset may have one or more asset attachments associated with it.
- Each task can have one or many assets added to it, with the associated skills and documents.
- It is also possible to have a skill-based task with no assets.
- Tasks can be grouped together into task groups.
Add Assets to Tasks
Here is how you link Assets to Tasks
- Go to Assets & Tasks > Tasks > Edit Task - i.e. Operate Excavator
- In the Task, there is an option that says "Asset Required" tick that box
- A bar will appear where you can start to individually add the applicable assets i.e. 2t Excavator, 3t Excavator (or what you name your assets)
- If you want ALL assets to appear, skip step 3
- Once you've added all the assets that are required, click save.