Drag and Drop Allocation is now available as a Preview, for all customers.
What is it?
Drag & Drop allocation allows you to easily allocate individual workers or assets, multiple workers, or entire crews to tasks, using your Timeline view.
Watch this 30 second introduction:
Quick Start Guide
Allocating in the Timeline is as easy as 1-2-3.
- Select the shifts to show qualified and available resources.
- Select your resources.
- Drag them to your shifts to allocate.
1. Select Shifts
You can allocate a single task at a time. Selecting shifts highlights the Recommended workers for those shifts.
- Select a range of shifts by holding the Shift key while you click on workers
- Select multiple shifts by holding down the Windows key (⌘-key on Mac).
- Select all shifts in the current date range by double-clicking any shift.
2. Select and Allocate Workers
Now select the workers you wish to allocate:
- Select a range of workers by holding the shift key while you click.
- Select multiple workers, not in a group, by holding down the Windows key (⌘-key on Mac).
- Drag the selected workers onto your shifts.
3. Select and Allocate Assets and Workers
For an asset task:
- Allocate just the asset by dragging it to the selected shifts.
- Allocate an asset and its operator by clicking the blue arrow > next to the asset, then dragging the operator onto the selected shifts.
You can also select Attachments to allocate along with the asset - just choose the attachment(s) from the drop-down list in the Asset details view, then drag the asset and/or the worker to the shift(s) you want to allocate them for.
4. Remove Allocations
- You can remove a single allocation, all allocations for a shift, or all allocations for all shifts.
More options for removing workers and assets are coming soon.
5. Understanding Conflicts
For every resource that's not recommended, you can select the arrow at the right to see all the reasons they're not recommended to work this shift.
Limitations in this Preview Release
Expired Competencies and Inductions
Workers whose competency or induction has expired, will appear in Recommended workers. You can click on the blue arrow to see these issues for these workers.
Workers directly associated with an asset, but who do not meet the required skills and competencies, will appear in Recommended workers. You can click on the blue arrow to see these issues.
If an asset has directly associated workers, then workers who are not associated, but who do meet the required skills and competencies, will not appear in recommended workers.
Supporting Changes to the Timeline
Some recent changes to the Timeline that support this work include:
Organising Orders and Projects
- You can now sort orders or projects on the timeline by Start Date, Recently Modified (most-recently modified at the top.
- In Orders view, you can Expand All orders to the task level, with one click.
- In Projects view, you can expand a single project, down to task level, with one click (The Expand/Collapse option appears in the three-dots menu for each Project).
- NEW You can Quickly filter the list of orders by id, description, and WO.
- NEW (Feb 2021) When you're viewing by Projects, any orders that are not associated with a project now appear at the bottom of the list, grouped under Orders Without a Project.
Expanded Shift Cards in Week View
- When you select a single week, the timeline expands to show full shift cards to give you more information including who is allocated to the shift.
- When changing filters, the view now updates in real time to the newly-selected filters.
- There's a new option to show only orders with activity in the selected date range - this is particularly useful in conjunction with sorting orders by start date, to show a cascading view of work in the upcoming period.
- NEW You can now also show only orders that have not yet been fully allocated. Go to filters and select "Only show orders... With unfulfilled allocations.