Note: You may have heard both "web app" and "dashboard" as interchangeable terms. Going forward, we will always refer to it as the "web app".
This functionality is currently in beta and has only been added to the Fieldworker App on Android devices. We will enable it on iPhones once the beta is complete. If you would like to join the beta, please contact your Customer Success Manager.
We now offer the ability to generate QR code - specific to each asset/equipment - and then quickly and efficiently access the asset/equipment's information in Assignar by scanning the QR code from your mobile device, without having to manually search for the asset/equipment within the app.
As soon as an asset/equipment is added to Assignar, a QR code will be associated to it.
Assignar web app users can access the QR code, print it and then attach it to the relevant asset/equipment. Once that is done, field workers will be able to easily find the asset/equipment by scanning the QR code.
To print the QR code
- Login to the web app
- Navigate to the Assets/Equipment page (Assets & Tasks → Assets / Equipment & Roles → Eq )
- Select the required asset/equipment (this will take you to the asset/equipment’s Details tab)
- Towards the bottom of the page, click the “Open QR code” button
- A pop up will open. displaying the QR code for the selected asset/equipment
- Click the “Print” button to open the print sheet. The print sheet is an A4 sized sheet with 12 identical versions of the QR code
- Click the “Print” button to the print sheet
- Cut out as many QR codes as required
- Attach the QR code(s) to the relevant asset/equipment
Note: Do not place the QR code on a round/curved surface. It should be placed on a flat surface.
If you do not want to use the print sheet and would prefer to customise printing yourself, at Step 6, right-click on the image (displayed in the screenshot above) and click “Save image as”. Then save the image to your computer and print it as required.
To find an asset/equipment’s details using a QR code/scanner:
- Login to the Fieldworker application
- Navigate to the My Assets/Equipment page (My Items → My Assets/)
- On the top right, select the QR iconThis will open a camera view within the Fieldworker application
- Scan the QR code attached to the asset/equipment by centring it within the red square displayed on-screen
- You will be taken directly to the asset/equipment’s Detail tab within the Fieldworker application