We're introducing two new features, as well as some bug fixes and small improvements.
New: SMS from Everywhere
As announced at our SHIFT User Conference last week, we've brought our SMS communication interfaces together into a single view that's available from any screen in the Assignar Web App. You can:
- Send SMS from any screen in Assignar, without losing track of what you were doing.
- See instantly when incoming messages are received with a persistent notification badge.
Read more in our full documentation on this new SMS view.
New: Project Site Map
Also announced at SHIFT, you can now add a map and points of interest to your project, to make it easier than ever for your fieldworkers to get straight to work on a new site.
Read about this in our Site Map Documentation.
Bug Fixes and Small Improvements Recently shipped
We ship bug fixes and small improvements to Assignar several times a week. Here are some of the notable improvements we've shipped recently:
- You can now have comments on timesheets across multiple lines.
- You no longer need to include a client or project when using filters in our Project Planner.
- We removed the limit on bulk-sending SMS messages. You can now successfully send messages to all your workers.
- We fixed an issue where answering a file upload question on an iPad would show the camera, rather than the files chooser.
- We now copy task descriptions when you copy an Order.
- We now show a contact's phone number in the New Order view (in Scheduler)
- Several small improvements to the recently-released Activity Feed.
- Improved accuracy of geo-location when checking in and out on the Fieldworker app, for Android users.
- Fixed an issue where SMS notification emails were missing the context of the message thread.