Getting timesheet data from Assignar into Xero can be challenging because Xero is quite specific and also doesn't allow imports via .csv
We recommend trialling a platform called Upsheets. You can trial Upsheets free for 30 days by visiting upsheets.com. You can also try Upsheets on a trial Xero account.
1. Connect Upsheets to your Xero account. Click here for details.
An example of basic data you'd want to get out of Assignar and into Xero can be seen below. You can get this data by using the Data Visualiser and exporting as a .csv
- First name
- Last name
- Pay rate (this must match the text in Xero)
Click here for a sample from Upsheets which shows some of the data required.
2. What to do in Assignar
- After the timesheet and pay rate has been approved in Assignar, you can export the relevant data using the Assignar Data Visualiser.
- Pull the report from your Data Visualiser:
Reports > Data Visualiser > Timesheets Pay Items Report > Select a date range you require. The fields that we used are below.
- Export this to CSV by clicking on Table > CSV export.
- In Upsheets and you are ready to import your data, if you wish to incorporate the pay rates into Upsheets, you will need to ensure you select 'File contains earnings rate'. You can then import the excel spreadsheet that you have exported from Assignar.
- You can then import the excel spreadsheet that you have exported from Assignar.
If you wish to incorporate the pay rates into Upsheets, you will need to ensure you select 'File contains earnings rate'.
- Follow instructions on screen to then sync the data into Xero.
For more information regarding the Upsheets process, I would recommend reading the help documentation found on the Upsheets website by clicking here.