Why use digital dockets?
By implementing and using digital dockets, you will help bring your manual paper docket process into the 21st century. Forget lost dockets, illegible handwriting and manual data entry - receive dockets in real time with all the data you need to invoice jobs.
When setting up digital dockets, the following modules are used
- Time sheets
First and foremost a docket template needs to be created.
- Where to find dockets
From the left side tool bar, click Time sheets & Dockets > Dockets
NB: You will need to ensure your user access allows you to view and edit time sheets & dockets.
This will then bring you to the dockets screen below.
Across the top left of your dockets screen, there are three separate tabs.
Templates : This where you can create multiple docket templates to cater for different clients.
Completed : Once dockets have been submitted, the completed dockets will sit here.
Captured : If digital dockets is not implemented, you are still able to take photos of paper dockets and upload from the app. These will sit in Captured.
Navigating the dockets screen
Things to note:
- To access each option just click on the tabs listed.
- Short cuts to scroll right: hold shift so that the cursor changes to horizontal. Then scroll as usual.
- Set out column preferences by clicking on the "column preference" button to hide/unhide/sort columns.
- To open a docket template, completed docket or a captured docket, select the three dots to the far right OR click on the title when in the templates/completed tabs or the docket number if in captured.
- Columns can be snapped by double clicking on the boarder of each column - similar to excel. Alternatively, you can drag these to your preferred size.
- Clicking on "Advanced search" will allow you to search for specific dockets. Alternatively, you can hover over the column heading and click on the magnifying glass in order to search in that specific column.
2. Creating a docket template.
Whilst on the templates tab, click "New Template". This is found to the far right of the dockets screen.
The below pop out screen will show, asking you to name your docket template and give it a short description.
Hit create to start building out your docket template.
Docket template builder screen explained:
Use the configure section on the left to associate the docket to any one of the options. This will also create a mandatory question as seen in the preview section on the right.
Use the middle template section to build and add questions to your docket. Examples include:
- Worker signatures
- Assets used on site
- Materials used on site
- Site or project images etc.
As you build and add these questions, they will show in the preview section on the left.
Things to note:
- Worker group question fields are automatically fixed and will always appear on your docket. You will not need to add these in the body of your digital docket.
- If the task option in your configure column on the left is unticked, it will not appear in this group of questions.
- Workers can click the blue "add worker" button to continue adding more workers to their digital docket. The same group of questions will appear each time.
IMPORTANT: Digital dockets will need to have a word doc template uploaded in order for the dockets to be export out.
This template can have your company letter head on it and will allow you to arrange your docket in a certain way.
You will need to use the custom print option found in the preview column to the right and in the top left of the column.
To read up on how to custom print dockets, click here.
- Docket template has been built
- The word doc custom printed and uploaded
To publish the digital docket, click on the publish tick box in the configure column on the left and click save and close.
The system will then take you back to the template list screen.
From there, you can:
- Ue these templates for loose dockets - dockets not attached to any orders - straight away
- Continue the best practice work flow and add these on a client level.
By adding them here, they will appear the allocation section of the app for workers to complete job specific digital dockets.